Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Worship

Oh, my humble words can not express
The greatness, the glory of my king
My songs of praise are not even a thimble
To the sea of worship He deserves
My most fervent prayers, my deepest devotion
Pale in awe of His infinite nature

And yet…

He knows my name, He counts my hairs
He listens eagerly and intently
He cherishes my voice and cradles my heart
He is sensitive to my every shift of mood
He suffered life, torture and death
To save me, and win me, and keep me

What then can I do, but offer my life
To try anew each week, each day, each moment
To dedicate everything I have to Him
To weep and pray and adore
To sing sweetly, loudly, hoarsely
To humiliate myself in worship

And when I fail to do these things
He loves me still, and just as much
My sin does not surprise him
Therefore, it does not change His love
His arms are open wide to me
His peace ready to fill my heart

Oh praise Him, the Worthy One
Lord of Israel, Creator of the Universe
King of Kings, the Great I Am
Immortal, Invisible, All-Wise God
Savior, Master, Redeemer, Friend
Lover of My Soul, Amen

No comments: